3. Westanks is committed to complying with Australian privacy legislation and the Australian Privacy Principles to protect and safeguard your privacy when you deal with us and ensure the continued integrity and security of the personal information you entrust to Westanks.
4. We may update or change this policy from time to time. This may include taking account of new or amended laws, new technology or changes to our operations. If we do so we will publish the updated policy on our website. The most recent updated policy will govern the information held by us.
Collection of Information
5. Some information you provide to us might be considered private or personal. Without these details we would not be able to carry on our business, establish and maintain a relationship with you, and provide our services to you. We will only collect such personal information if it is reasonably necessary to conduct our business activities. The kinds of personal information that Westanks collects includes:
(b) contact details (telephone numbers and email addresses);
(c) address details;
(d) the identity of the company or business you work for; and
(e) financial information, including as collected from credit reporting agencies.
6. In particular, Westanks collects personal information in the following situations:
(a) if you contact Westanks, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
(b) when you complete an online form on the website, your name, email address, telephone number and name of company; and
(c) when you submit your e-mail address to our website.
7. In addition, Westanks internet service provider may record the following non-personal information for statistical purposes when you visit Westanks website:
(a) IP address;
(b) country on access;
(c) log on frequency; or
(d) browsing history.
8. At or before the time any personal information is collected by Westanks, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of who we are, the fact that you are able to gain access to your personal information held by Westanks, the purpose of the collection, the type(s) of organisations to which we usually disclose the personal information collected about you, any laws requiring the collection of the personal information and the main consequences for you if all or part of the personal information is not collected.
Use of Information Collected and Disclosure of Personal Information to Others
9. Westanks do not sell, rent or trade your personal information. We may only use or disclose personal information held about you for the primary purpose for which it is collected.
10. In general, Westanks will only use and disclose your personal information where it is reasonably necessary for us to carry on our business and to provide you with the goods or services you have requested, and contact you in relation thereto.
11. We may also use your personal information for internal business purposes such as industry and non-industry specific reporting, research and product development, promotional and marketing material in relation to assessing your future product or service needs, administration of our services, notification to you about changes to our services, record-keeping following termination of our services to you, and technical maintenance. Further, we may collect and hold personal information so that we can:
(a) understand your requirements and provide you with a product or service;
(b) identify you and conduct appropriate checks, including credit checks;
(c) set up, administer and manage our products and services and systems, including the management and administration of an account; and
(d) assess, investigate and process any instances of loss, theft or damage arising out of the use or hire of our hire equipment or in respect of the sale of equipment.
12. We may also use such personal information for a purpose related to the primary purpose of collection and where you would reasonably expect that we would use the information in such a way. This information is only disclosed to persons outside our business in the circumstances set out in this policy or as otherwise notified to you at the time of collection of the information, or with your permission.
13. We may disclose your personal information to:
(a) our employees, related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers for the purpose of operating of our website, conducting our business activities, fulfilling requests by you, or to provide products and services to you;
(b) suppliers and third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing and related purposes;
(c) other organisations for authorised purposes with your consent; and
(d) to debt collectors when payments are overdue.14. In addition to the above, we wish to inform you that Westanks is permitted to use or disclose personal information held about you in any of the following circumstances:
(a) where you have consented to its use or disclosure;
(b) where you have requested a service and we are required to disclose the information in order to facilitate the provision of the service;
(c) where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious, immediate threat to someone’s health or safety or the public’s health or safety;
(d) where we reasonably suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in, and the use or disclosure is a necessary part of our investigation or in reporting the matter to the relevant authorities;
(e) where such use or disclosure is required under or authorised by law (for example, to comply with a subpoena, a warrant or other order of a court or legal process); and
(f) where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary for prevention, investigation, prosecution and punishment of crimes or wrongdoings or the preparation for, conduct of, proceedings before any court or tribunal or the implementation of the orders of a court or tribunal by or on behalf of an enforcement body.
Anonymity and Pseudonymity
15. When requesting our services Westanks will require you to disclose your personal information for purposes of providing you with the requested service. You will only have the option of dealing with Westanks anonymously where it is practicable for us to deal with you acting anonymously or under a pseudonym, such as when you are making a general enquiry.
16. As part of Westanks’ functions and business activities and to promote the services we can provide to you, Westanks may use personal information that you have provided to us for the purposes of direct marketing. Direct marketing includes, but is not limited to, sending to you and/or contacting you in relation to promotions and information about our products and services. Generally, we will do so where you have expressed your interest to receive such information (i.e. to be included in our mailing list). You can choose to opt out of receiving direct marketing communications by sending an email to Westanks Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or using the opt out link or details provided in the direct marketing communication.
Transfer of information overseas
17. Westanks does not ordinarily disclose personal information to overseas recipients. Personal information will only be disclosed by Westanks to overseas recipients in accordance with law such as if the disclosure is required by Australian law.
18. When you visit Westanks’ website to read, browse or download information, our system will record/log your IP address (the address which identifies your computer on the internet) date and time of your visit to our site, the pages viewed and any information downloaded, as set out in clause 5 of this policy. This information will only be used for the purpose of site analysis and to help us offer you improved online service. We may automatically collect non-personal information about you such as the type of Internet browsers you use or the site from which you linked to our Websites. You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on our website.
19. Westanks website may from time to time contain links to other websites and those third party websites may collect personal information about you. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other businesses or the content of websites that are linked to our website. We encourage users to be aware that when you leave Westanks website by virtue of a link to other websites, you should read the privacy statements of each website you access, which may collect personal information from you.
Security and storage of Personal Information
20. Westanks recognises the great importance of protecting and securing all information associated with our customers and clients. We take all reasonable steps to establish and maintain internal practices, policies, procedures, systems and security measures to attempt to reasonably protect all personal information under our control from interference, misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification, and disclosure. All personal information held is kept securely, and electronically held personal information is held on secure servers in controlled facilities.
21. Westanks takes reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify personal information that is no longer required by Westanks.
22. Westanks retains the personal information you provide to us including your contact details to enable us to verify transactions and customer details and to retain adequate records for legal and accounting purposes. This information may be held on secure servers in controlled facilities and may also be stored in hard copy form.
23. Information stored within our computer systems can only be accessed by those entrusted with the appropriate authority.
24. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. As a result, while we strive to protect users’ personal information, Westanks cannot guarantee or ensure the security of any information transmitted to it or from its online services, and users do so at their own risk. Once Westanks receives your transmission, it makes every reasonable effort to ensure its security on our systems.
25. You are responsible for keeping your passwords and/or account information secret. Westanks encourages you to be careful and responsible whenever accessing and navigating any online websites.
Access to and Correction of Personal Information
26. Westanks is committed to and takes reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect from our customers, clients and website users, is accurate, complete, appropriate, and up-to-date.
27. You may request access to any personal information about you that is held by Westanks. Requests for access to your personal information should be made to:
Westanks Privacy Officer
1 Einstein Link
FORRESTDALE WA 6112
Telephone: 1300 616 356
28. Verification of identity is required with a request to access (or update) personal information so that we can ensure your personal information is disclosed to, and updated only by, you.
29. It is the responsibility of clients, and visitors to the website to complete online forms, to keep their contact details up to date.
30. Westanks will correct any inaccurate information upon receipt of a request from you and once your identity has been verified.
31. If we refuse to provide you with access to, or to correct the personal information held about you by us, or we fail to do so in the manner requested, then we will provide reasons for such refusal.
32. Westanks will respond to any requests for access to, or correction of personal information within a reasonable time from the date of receipt of the request, but by no later than 30 days of the request being received by Westanks.
33. Detailed requests for access to personal information, for example, access to information held in archives, may attract a fee to cover the cost of retrieval and the supply of this information.